The Angel Tree
We are rapidly nearing the end of 2016! I can’t believe how fast it went! Throughout 2016, Healthy Baby Network worked hard and had a lot to celebrate!
One project in which we participate each December is the Angel Tree at Perinton Square Mall in Perinton, NY.
Perinton Square Mall reaches out to local agencies like Healthy Baby Network in order to provide Christmas gifts for families in Rochester.
- Matt Rinaldi of Perinton Square Mall coordinates with each agency to collect names of children and/or parents who are in need of Christmas gifts.
- We reach out to our partner agencies and programs to collect names to add to the Angel Tree.
- This year, we received names from Unity Healthy Moms, Hillside Parents as Teachers, The Women’s Center at Portland, The Women’s Center at Clinton, and Anthony Jordan Health OB/GYN.
- We create cards for each child or parent, listing their first name, age, and items they need or want.
- We send these cards to Matt at the mall and he and his staff hang them on the Angel Tree.
- Shoppers at Perinton Square Mall pick up a card, use the information on the card to shop for a gift, and return a wrapped gift to the mall.
- After all the gifts are returned, our staff picks up all the wrapped gifts from the mall and delivers them to our partner agencies, who distribute them to the families. Our cars look like Santa’s sleigh filled with gifts!
This year’s gifts have all been delivered! Usually we deliver the gifts to the case managers or program directors at each agency, but last year one of the families receiving the gifts was present at the agency when I delivered to the program director. It was a thrill to see the kids’ faces light up when they realized the gifts were for them! I was honored to be Santa’s helper and deliver the gifts to these children.
If you donated a gift to the Perinton Square Mall Angel Tree this year, THANK YOU!
We know you don’t get to see the families receive the gifts, but please know that the families truly appreciate your generosity and you are making a difference in the lives of others.
This past Monday, our staff had some fun taking photos for our first holiday card. This card is the last project for 2016 that is sponsored by YourCare Health Plan. We have truly appreciated YourCare’s premium sponsorship throughout 2016 and it has truly benefited our partners and families. A heartfelt thank you to YourCare!
Take a look at some of the shots (and out-takes) from our photo shoot!
We are looking forward to 2017!
Written by Deanna Spiotta, Communications Director for Healthy Baby Network
About Healthy Baby Network
At Healthy Baby Network, we are dedicated to giving babies a healthy start in life. Through data, health planning, and creating social support for mothers, we are transforming our community baby by baby.